In an increasingly competitive global market, production assets are being pressed to run more reliably and with greater safety, quality, productivity and efficiency. Control Associates and its partners Emerson Reliability Solutions, FLIR, CTC and Spectro Scientific specialize in providing customers in the tri-state metropolitan New York, New Jersey and Connecticut region with a combination of innovative machinery health technology and proven reliability practices to increase your plant's availability, unlocking hidden profit potential.
Together Control Associates and Emerson provide expert reliability consulting and solutions to promote and develop a proactive asset maintenance culture; we advise companies on maintenance costs management, increased availability, and improved productivity.
Contact us today to learn how top performing industrial companies have revolutionized their reliability and maintenance practices, thus shortening scheduled/unscheduled shutdowns, and unproductive time of their machinery assets and operations. The combination of predictive intelligence and a visionary reliability program can drive down maintenance costs by 50 percent, while improving sales, profitability, production quality and standards compliance.
Today’s technology advances are making it easier than ever to stay on top of asset health. Applications for smart phones and tablets keep personnel in touch to collaborate on developing production issues. Data from various predictive intelligence applications are aggregated to create a holistic picture of asset health. And all this information is available anytime and from anywhere.
Plantweb Optics is the new collaboration software application for managing asset health across the enterprise. Plantweb Optics combines the data from multiple applications into asset-centric information, then delivers persona-based alerts and KPIs for improving the reliability of your rotating equipment, instruments and valves.
Field Device Management
AMS Device Manager
AMS Device Manager provides predictive diagnostics, simplifies field device configuration and calibration, and automatically documents your assets.
Set of software analysis and reporting tools for:
- Predictive Maintenance for Instruments and Valves
- Device Documentation
- Calibration Management
- Device Configuration
- SNAP-ON Applications
- Alert Track
- AMS ValveLink
- AMS Wireless
- Calibration Assistant
- MV Engineering Assistant
- Meter Verification
- Quick Check
- Masoneilan ValVue
- Flowserve ValveAnalysis
- Smar Valid
AMS Device View
Extend your asset management capabilities to anywhere with an internet connection. AMS Device View allows users to view device health and calibration status with manufactures recommendations from any place there is a browser connection
AMS Trex Device Communicator
The AMS Trex Device Communicator delivers a modern user experience in a rugged, intrinsically safe package, providing the experience of consumer devices in a tool built to withstand harsh industrial environments.
The Trex communicator streamlines activities in the field, allowing technicians to isolate and repair problems while devices continue to run. Segment and loop diagnostic tools quickly validate loop and fieldbus segment characteristics for easy troubleshooting. With numerous communication options, your communicator has never been more connected.
- Latest edition to Emersons best-in-class field communicators
- Rugged IP54 Rated Housing approved for intrinsic safety
- 5.7 Touch-screen display
- Device Communicator Plus module allows users to provide loop power and perform loop diagnostics
- Run valve diagnostics and troubleshoot on Fisher® FIELDVUE digital valve controllers in the field with ValveLink Mobile
- Multiple communication protocols: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Standard microUSB
- Automatic Synchronization with AMS Device Manager
AMS 475 Field Communicator
Simplify your work in the field with the intrinsically safe, rugged 475 Field Communicator. This built-for-purpose handheld communicator delivers universal support for HART and FOUNDATION fieldbus devices, a full-color graphical user interface, and a long-lasting Lithium-Ion power module. It is designed to withstand the knocks and shocks from normal use in the field.
- Full-color user interface
- Intrinsically safe
- Supports all HART®, FOUNDATION™ fieldbus, and WirelessHART™ devices
- View device diagnostics in charts, graphs, and gauges
- View, transfer, and print device configurations between your communicator and PC
- Run valve diagnostics and troubleshoot on Fisher® FIELDVUE™ digital valve controllers in the field with ValveLink™ Mobile
Machinery Health Management
AMS 2140 Machinery Health Analyzer
The AMS 2140 Machinery Health Analyzer takes vibration data and analysis measurements to the next level. It features simultaneous four-channel plus phase data collection and unique peak detection capabilities for the earliest indication of bearing and gearbox degradation. In addition to delivering faster data collection for less time in the field or more machines monitored, the AMS 2140 is ergonomically designed for comfortable, single hand operation all day long.
- Simultaneous four-channel plus phase
- One of the fastest vibration analyzer on the market
- Ergonomically designed to make long days in the field easier
- Data collection, vibration analysis, balancing, alignment and motor diagnostics in a single unit
- Monitor a broad range of machinery from variable speed equipment, complex gearboxes, high speed compressors and sleeve bearing turbo machinery
- Pre-configured analysis experts to easily test and diagnose your toughest issues
AMS 6500 ATG
Traditional protection systems come with specific limitations. They lack prediction data for advanced warning of developing problems. They require an OPC server to tie back to the digital control system. They require a trip to the control room or field cabinet view of the data. The AMS 6500 ATG protection system comes with flexible cards that can be configured to acquire prediction data, an embedded OPC server, and a mobile app for viewing data from anywhere on the plant network.
- API 670 compliant TSI protection system
- Integrated prediction functionality including PeakVue technology and band filter
- Interface with other applications through OPC UA, Modbus TCP/IP, or Modbus RTU
- View the health of you most critical assets from anywhere with ATG View mobile app
- Reduced spares inventory with flexible Universal Measurement Card
AMS Machinery Manager
AMS Machinery Manager integrates multiple predictive maintenance techniques with comprehensive analysis tools to provide easy and accurate assessment of the machinery health across different types of mechanical assets in your facility. The modular technology applications incorporate diagnostic and reporting sources into a common database for analysis of machinery health across the entire plant.
- Analysis tools for diagnosis and prognosis of machinery health.
- Real-time asset health integration with process automation systems.
- Integration with multiple predictive maintenance technologies for a complete picture of mechanical asset health.
- Integration with the AMS 6500 ATG for advanced analytics in protection-plus-prediction environment.
AMS 2600 Machinery Health Expert
- Portable, 24-channel machinery health monitor and analyzer
- Help troubleshoot your entire machine or group of machines simultaneously
- Offers optional transient analysis for turbo machinery startup, coast down and production state monitoring
- Monitor and record all channels continuously and simultaneously for hours, days or weeks, unattended
- Integration with AMS applications saves time and facilitates multi-technology integration
- PeakVue technology can be added for early identification of bearing wear in paper machines, rolling mills, complex gearboxes and rolling element bearing machines
AMS 6500 Machinery Health Monitor
When your plant relies on critical mechanical equipment, any failure can have a dramatic effect. A prolonged process interruption can be the difference between profit and loss. With this much at stake, predictive intelligence and protection capabilities on your production assets is essential. With Emerson’s AMS 6500, you can monitor mechanical assets and operate your plant with confidence. AMS 6500 is a single-chassis solution for vibration.
- Monitor your plant’s most critical rotating machines.
- Extend PlantWeb® with API 670 machinery protection monitoring.
- SIL 1 Certified
- Up to 100 hours of continuous data recording for playback of events
- Integrate machinery protection monitoring with DeltaV™ and Ovation™ process automation systems in three easy steps.
- Gain real-time machinery health feedback integrated with process automation.
- Transform vibration monitoring into predictive alerts.
- Empower decisions through transient analysis of turbines in AMS Suite.
AMS 6300 SIS Digital Overspeed Protection
Overspeed conditions on critical rotating equipment can be damaging to your assets and the plant personnel in the area. In addition, damaged equipment is expensive and time-consuming to repair or replace. During transient and normal operation, the AMS 6300 SIS guards against overspeed conditions caused by sudden load loss and unexpected changes. In addition, the same sensors will verify the rotational direction of your rotating equipment to ensure your assets are functioning correctly.
- Provides Protection during Transient and Normal Operation
- During transient operations like start up, shut down, and load change, the AMS 6300 SIS guards against overspeed conditions caused by sudden load losses
- In addition, the same sensors will verify the rotational direction of your rotating equipment to ensure your assets are functioning correctly
- During normal operation, the AMS 6300 SIS protects equipment from overspeed conditions caused by unexpected changes and sudden load losses
- TÜV - certified according to IEC 61508:2010
- Overspeed protection safety function meets SIL 3 requirements
- Rotational direction detection safety function meets SIL 2 requirements
AMS 9420 Wireless Vibration Transmitter
The AMS 9420 Wireless Vibration Transmitter connects easily to any machine. It delivers vibration information over a highly-reliable, self-organizing wireless network for use by operations and maintenance personnel. The AMS 9420 is ideal for vibration monitoring applications, especially in hard-to-reach or cost prohibitive locations and it provides reliability with advanced accuracy for all installations.
- Accurately monitors vibration and temperature in hard-to-reach locations
- Provides complete vibration data including overall levels, energy bands, high resolution spectra and waveforms
- Enables three ways to collect spectra: time-based, on-alert, and on-demand
- Includes Emerson’s unique PeakVue technology for bearing and gear diagnostics
- Certified intrinsically safe for use in hazardous areas
- Delivers data and device alerts securely and reliably via IEC 63591 (WirelessHART) networks
- Easily integrates into any host via Modbus or OPC with detailed diagnostics via AMS Suite software
AMS 9330 Vibration Transmitter
The 9330 is a continuously operating vibration transmitter that interfaces with existing plant monitoring systems while automatically detecting vibration levels.
- Continuously monitors critical machinery in process applications and other industrial environments
- Interfaces with existing alarm, control and monitoring systems
- Integrates with the AMS 2140 Machinery Health Analyzer to create a seamless predictive maintenance environment
- CSI 9330VP-1 detects mechanical faults and provides early warning of bearing and gear faults with embedded PeakVue Technology
- CSI 9330VT detects mechanical faults and increases in temperature
CTC Accelerometers & Vibration Analysis
Industry-leading product portfolio of accelerometers and vibration analysis hardware supported by comprehensive warranties and the highest quality of service
- Piezo Velocity Sensors
- Eddy current probes and accessories
- Cables and connectors
- Mounting Hardware
- Junction Boxes
- 4-20 mA Products
Plantweb Advisor Suite
Plantweb™ Health Advisor
Monitoring essential assets is critical for reliable operations. The key enabler is having asset health information and alerts presented prior to the occurrence of unplanned shutdowns or slowdowns. This allows plant personnel to take corrective action and avoid production losses, expensive reactive maintenance, and potential environment or safety incidents.
Plantweb Health Advisor, a suite of cost-effective applications to continuously monitor essential assets - those that have repeated failures or assets in important service areas where a failure can cause significant financial impact such as production loss, environmental or safety incidents. This solution analyzes the combination of process and equipment data to report overall asset health.
- Identify abnormal situations on your essential assets as they are happening
- Spot imminent failure and take preventive action
- Be alerted to equipment degradation that could lead to potential safety or environmental hazards
- Reduce unscheduled shutdowns and slowdowns due to equipment failure
- Designed to receive inputs from many data sources including wireless gateway, DCS, or other online systems. Several hundred protocols are available for data connectivity
- Provide event logging and data historization
- Offer the advantage of wireless deployment for missing measurements, eliminating engineering, labor, wiring, cable trays and field construction challenges
Plantweb™ Performance Advisor
The performance of equipment will deteriorate over time, resulting in lost efficiency, increased energy usage, and reduced throughput. Identification of the deviation from equipment design, combined with early detection, is vital to plant profitability.
Performance Advisor is an onsite, real-time application that calculates equipment performance using first principle models. It allows you to run your process more efficiently, track operating performance against targets, schedule maintenance activities, and determine the root cause of production asset inefficiencies.
- Achieve and maintain optimum equipment performance
- Track key performance indicators in real-time against target operation
- Quantify thermodynamic efficiency losses
- Prioritize and plan maintenance activities
- Determine the root cause of production inefficiencies
- Pre-engineered ASME performance calculations for many equipment types
- Calculation of the economic impact of degradation
- Ability to scale up to hundreds of assets and users
- Modular structure for easy configuration and expansion
Thermal Imaging Systems
FLIR® Thermal Imaging Systems
FLIR is the world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of thermal imaging infrared cameras. FLIR offers a wide variety of thermal imaging systems for industrial and commercial applications.
- Thermal Imagers and accessories
- Videoscopes and accessories
- Aerial Thermal Imaging Kit
- FLIR Tool+ Software
- Infrared Windows
- Clamp Meter
- Digital/Imaging Multimeter
- Insulation Tester
- Moisture Meter
- Spot Infrared Thermometer
- Voltage Tester
Fluid Analysis Systems
Spectro Scientific Solutions
Spectro Scientific specializes in analytical tools and software for machine condition monitoring. The company is one of the largest suppliers of oil, fuel and fluid analysis instruments to industry and the military
- Oil Analysis Solutions
- Oil in Water / Soil Analyzers
- Fuel Analysis Instruments
- On-Site Analysis Systems
- Portable/ Benchtop Analyzers
- Industrial Oil, Fuel and Fluid Analysis Instrumentation
Reliability Solutions and Services
Whether you work in Plant Management, Operations, or Maintenance and Reliability, you have a stake in asset health. In fact, every plant’s business goals depend on the performance and reliability of its critical production assets: mechanical, electrical, process equipment, instruments, and valves.
In every production asset, every operation, every plant there is untapped profit potential. Learn how to unlock your plant’s true potential through improved asset management. Create an Optimized Plant and begin to operate with confidence.
Our comprehensive reliability services are key to avoid unplanned shutdowns, increase production yield, and reduce costs. Avoid unexpected incidents and lower operating costs.
- Onsite & Remote Monitoring of Rotating Equipment, Motors, and Process Controls Equipment to:
- Increase asset reliability
- Reduce unscheduled downtime
- Extend production intervals between maintenance outages
- Maximize efficiency and performance of plant assets
- Vibration Monitoring and Analysis
- Oil Analysis
- Infrared Thermography
- Laser Alignment
- Ultrasonic Testing and Analysis
- AMS™ Suite Software Installation and Support Services
- Spares Inventory Programs